Friday, September 23, 2011

Peach Frozen Yogurt


Last night we went to Perry Pizza (our favorite pizza spot, I think the owners are starting to recognize us) to try out one of their new pizzas.  Instead of using the normal mozzarella they experimented with brie.  It was wonderful, especially for a brie lover.  I'm totally inspired.  But back to the Yogurt, across the street from Perry was a little farmers market.  After dinner we walked over, it was around 7 and all the vendors were starting to close up shop but not before we grabbed some beets with their greens, carrots, sausage, and fresh peaches.  I had plans to make nectarine ice cream but last night when we were driving home I told Kam I could whip up some fresh peach frozen yogurt, and of course he said OK!!!  So that's what I did. Really basic recipe, but simply delicious!

What you'll need:
2 cups plain greek yogurt
1 cup half and half
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/2 cup sugar
4 or 5 peaches

Fill a medium large pot with water and bring to a boil.  Drop in peaches and boil for about 2 minutes.  Remove from water and allow to cool enough to handle.  Peel off skins, cut in half and remove pits. While peaches are boiling add remain ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined.  Set aside.  Add peeled peaches into a food processor or blender and pulse until pureed, but still a little chunky.  Add to base and mix.  Place in fridge until cool, over night is best. (I was in a hurry so I skipped that last step.) Once cool, place into ice cream maker and freeze according to instructions.










Not too sweet, wonderfully fruity and creamy.  Peaches and cream more or less.  Like I even have to try and sell it.  I love making ice cream at home because the first night you get to eat it straight out of the ice cream maker when its like soft serve, then the second night you get the solid ice cream.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels