Saturday, September 24, 2011

Indian Burgers of sorts


Ok, if you all are getting tired of these Indian inspired meals, just give me a heads up because I can't stop.  Just the smell of curry and cumin makes me want to cook.  Kameron used the left over burger patties in his eggs this morning and I had read a post from some random cooking blog the other day about putting about 1/4 teaspoon of yellow curry in scrambled eggs.  So I suggested that he add some to complement the burger, and the smell of it is amazing!

So yesterday when I got lazy because it was friday night and I didn't feel like cooking this crazy awesome (time consuming) meal I had planned, I turned to the burger I had in the fridge.  I have been dying for some tikka masala or something like it sense our honeymoon, so I thought I would try indian spices in burgers.  Then as I was making the burgers I remembered that we still had some left over rice pilaf from the other night.  One step further, what if we had the burger over rice with some tzatziki on top!  Yes!  Dinner.  I will give the recipe for the burger patty, if you choose to make them, I would recommend tzatziki as a topper, even if you just have a normal old burger with some tomato and lettuce.  Really good tasting burger no matter how you use it!

What you'll need:
1 pound lean ground beef (I had 7% fat)
1/2 teaspoon yellow curry
1/2 teaspoon red curry (or just 1 teaspoon of whatever you have)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup greek yogurt
juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/4 cup v8 juice (or any tomato juice, I just happened to have spicy v8 on hand)
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs

Add everything into a bowl and mix until spices are well combined.  Place in the fridge for at least a half hour.  Make patties and bbq or broil or pan fry, what ever you have, until cooked through. You could even skip the patty step and just fry as you would for taco meat.  Eat however your heart desires!






Trusty Dex photo.




Easy and so good.  If you want to use the burgers like I did, here is a link to the rice pilaf and tzatziki that I made.  Happy saturday and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels