Friday, June 17, 2011

Sharp Cheddar & Sausage Stuffed Burgers!


Oh, yum yum yum yum.  I came across a similar burger on another blog, so I decided to to put my own spin on it and give it a go.  And I'm glad I did.  It was a burger flavor pouch.  I think this might be in the top 2 of burgers I've eaten in my life.  I can't say that I'm a big burger connoisseur, but I know when something tastes frick'n good, and thats this burger.

What you'll need:
1lb ground beef (Some say you have to use 80 20 ground, I like the super lean.  Ours was 93 7)
3 andouille sausage links, casings removed (any sausage will do really)
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 teaspoon ground mustard
4 slices sharp cheddar  (Costco was selling a XXX sharp cheddar, its amazing.)

Cook sausage.  Set aside and let cool.  Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, salt, pepper and mustard together until evenly combined. You can either break meat into 8 even balls or eye ball it.  They will be a little bigger than golf ball sized.  Flatten into a thin patty, about 1/4 inch thick and 6 inches across.  Lay onto wax paper to flatten, it works better and the patty won't crack as much.

Once you have 8 patties made, evenly spread about 2 tablespoons sausage in the center, keeping it about an inch from the edge, onto 4 patties.  Break a slice of cheese and place over sausage.  Once all for have sausage and cheese, place a patty over the top and press edges together.  Be sure you have them well sealed so nothing can leak out.  Also be sure to press down on the top just incase you have trapped an air bubble in there.  Do this step with the remaining 3 burgers.

Heat the grill over medium.  Place burgers on grill and let sit without moving for about 4 minutes.  Flip and let cook another 4 minutes.  Because the patty is so thin, they won't take very long to cook.  Serve on hamburger buns or eat straight up!











You will be in love.  Kameron had his devoured so quick, I didn't get shot of the delicious oozing burger bite.  Oh well.  I'm just happy that there are 2 more of these babies in the fridge still.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels