Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cold Brew Coffee - 2 Ways!



I am a coffee fan.  A big one.  If you have never made cold brew coffee at home, you should give it a try.  It's such a refreshing summer drink, and it packs a punch.  Kam got me this really cool french press for christmas this last year, so I used that, but any container and a mesh strainer will do the same thing, you will just have one more step.  The cinnamon and the brown sugar make this drink very rich and wonderful.  Just how coffee should be.


What you'll need: Cinnamon Flavor
1 cup coffee course ground (I'm sure store bought ground would work, I grind my own)
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups water



What you'll need: Dark Chocolate Flavor
1 cup coffee course ground (I'm sure store bought ground would work, I grind my own)
4 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 cups water

If using a french press, unscrew the plunger and remove from the lid.  Put somewhere safe.  Add everything into the french press or any bottle/pitcher and place in the fridge for at least 24 hours.  Put the plunger back on the lid and press.  If you are not using a french press, pour through a mesh strainer. If you coffee was ground a little too fine, pour through a coffee filter. Serve over ice.  Fill a glass a 3/4 full and top with milk or cream.











Find a quite spot and enjoy!

Ps...if you are looking for an even more rich and amazing coffee drink, check out my almost sister-in-laws blog post on Ca Phe Sua Da.  Its a coffee drink you can find at Pho restaurants.  She made if for us a few weeks ago when we stayed at their house.  Its a little more of a process and you have to have these specific little filters.  Next time your out for Pho, order a cup.  I would recommend it cold.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious, can't wait to try it out. Oh, how I love different coffee creations :D

    ReplyDelete

Labels