Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Marinated Flank Steak



I usually go more to the sweet rout when I marinate flank steak.  I have my go to recipe, but I decided to try something new.  The recipe that I used as a guide for this was a Moroccan marinated.  It was different, but absolutely delicious.  There is something magical about cinnamon when used with the right combination of spices.   


What you'll need:
1 flank steak (as big as you want)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice (about half a lemon)
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley


Combine everything into a large zip lock bag.  For a smaller flank steak, marinate for about 3 hours.  For a larger steak, go overnight.  Preheat grill.  Grill to your liking.  We like out meat medium rare and I had a huge flank steak.  I grilled for 10 minutes on each side and it was perfect.  







If it looks a little yellow, its from the turmeric.  If I ever have to dye something yellow, I'm definitely using that spice!  It stains my nail polish even.  What are we having for dinner tonight?  Leftovers!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels