Saturday, July 9, 2011

Creamy Balsamic Pasta Salad


Friday night brats and a thrown together pasta salad.  This is one of those salads that you just dump stuff in a bowl, wing a dressing and have something better than you expected.  That is my favorite way to cook.  No recipe inspiration, just plain old dump cook.  Thanks mom for teaching me the way!  I mentioned our Friday night plans to go to the Spokane Indians game, we got there and it was sold out.  Bummer.  So we went to this little brewery that just opened up called the Budge Brothers.  They have potential, but need a little work.  You can tell that it's two brothers living their dream and neither them have a lady by the way they have their space is designed.  Just a few chairs around the of perimeter of the room, and a big open space where tables should be.  Kind of awkward.  But we did meet both brothers, which was cool.  Best of luck to them!  On to the salad!

What you'll need:
1 avocado diced
1/2 cucumber quartered and diced
1 head broccoli cut into small pieces
1/2 can olives halved
1 cup feta
1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
2-3 cups cherry tomatoes halved
3 cups pasta uncooked

Dressing:
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup mayo (I always use the olive oil kind)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1 tablespoon lemon lemon juice

Cook pasta.  Once done, strain and run cold water over to cool completely.  Set aside.  In a large bowl add first 7 ingredients and cooled pasta.  In a smaller bowl, mix all dressing ingredients until smooth.  Pour over pasta and fold until everything is well coated and combined.  Place in fridge at let sit at least 2 hours before serving.  It really tastes 100 times better if you let it sit.  Trust me on that one!










I had to share this photo.  This is what I happens when I'm photographing blog pictures and Kam decides what he's making should be blogged too.  Artistic wiener photos.  I never know what I'll find when I dump the camera.  Thanks hun!

Left overs for lunch!  It's saturday morning and my coffee just finished brewing....have a fun weekend friends!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels