Monday, August 13, 2012

You win some you lose some.


Hiya friends.  We're back to Monday again.  I mentioned on Friday our plans to go visit our favorite camp site and then pick peaches on Sunday...well nothing seemed to go right for us.  We got to our spot and someone was already there.  It takes about 2 hours to get there, so we were pretty bummed.  Then Dexter puked in the car about 15 minutes later.  Double bummer.  The reason I was so looking forward to this visit was to retake some photos that we have taken every trip we have gone.  Each time these pictures were taken, we were at very different phases of our lives, so right now with my 7 month belly it would have been a nice addition.  You can see the previous two years here.  Then when we got to Green Bluff on Sunday to pick peaches, we were too late for early season and too early for late season.  But we can go back in 2 weeks and pick so thats not so bad.  Oh a happy note, I did sell the armoire, which was great great great!  

So my pictures from the weekend are lame.  But I figured I would share anyways.  
Our little Habanero turned 20,000.  

That bottle of wine blew my mind.  My family had a 1) golden retriever 2) named rascal 3) who has been gone for maybe 5 or 6 years now. What are the odds?  

I only cooked one thing this weekend, but it turned out amazing.  I've never even attempted to make something with tomatillos, so I took a stab and making chili verde.  All I can say is you have to try it for yourself. Its goooood (and easy!). I used this recipe.  It was a little spicy, I would probably use half the jalapeno next time.

Last night I had my feet in Dex's pool to cool off a bit, and I noticed that my dress was the exact same color as the pool.  I felt silly, so why not take a picture. 

So anyways, I don't have too much planned this week for posts.  We'll see if I come up with something.  Big plans for next weekend though!  Can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels