Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Barbecue Sauce (PBBBQ Sauce)


Don't knock it until you try it.  My cousin, I hear, makes a sauce like this, my mom tried it, but I never asked her what she thought.  So, I figured I would just wing it and see how it came out.  This is how it went.  Taste.  Hmm. Taste.  Hmm.  Taste.  Hmm. Kam Taste. Hmm.  And on and on it went.  At some point I said "this is gooooood." He agreed.

What you'll need:
1 can tomato sauce
1 mini bottle of any dark booze (I used bourbon)
3 tablespoons abodo sauce (use 2 if your not a spice person)
1/2 cup strong coffee
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon yellow curry
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)

Mix everything in a frying pan except peanut butter.  Bring to a bubble over medium heat and allow to reduce for about a half hour or until desired consistency. Don't turn the heat down, just be sure to stir every couple of minutes.  Cover and tilt lid so steam can escape. You don't have to cover, but if you don't your stove will be very spotted by the time your done.  Once reduced, add peanut butter.




I decided it was time to add PB when the sauce stuck on my spoon like this.







Have a spoon ready!  We ate our sauce with some boneless beef ribs.  I'm thinking chicken wings, pizza, pork, I don't know, cereal. Kidding. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels