Friday, February 11, 2011

BBQ Sauce with a pep!

We found some yummy chicken little smokies at Costco, so I decided to make some homemade bbq sauce to go with them.  It was spicy and sweet and good enough to just eat with a spoon!

What you'll need:

1 can tomato sauce (I only had diced, so I gave them a quick zip in the food processor and saved myself and extra trip to the store. Yay me!)
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup Catsup
1 airplane bottle bourbon (cheapest you can find!)
1 teaspoon Cayenne (more or less depending on your spice.  I would give this a 3 star rating)
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
2 cloves finely minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup strong coffee

Combine all ingredients in a large skillet over medium high heat and reduce reduce reduce until color darkens and is a nice thick consistency.  About an hour.  It will splatter a bit, so you'd better wear your apron or else you will have a new polka dot outfit.





mmm...adding these pictures makes me happy that I opted to buy two bottles of the bourbon so I can make this again very soon.  I'm thinking pulled pork is in our near future.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels