Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Letter Art

I LOVE letters!!  Letter letters everywhere!  I keep seeing where people have framed just watches of printed paper and hung them up in groups.  I really like the look, so I put my own spin on it.

I bought 4 cheep 8 x 10 canvases at my local Michael's, found 4 sheets of scrap booking paper and wrapped the canvases like a present tacking the paper down with staples.  Luckily the paper was just big enough to cover the canvases, as long as I didn't trim at all.


I chose 4 of the "ready to finish" white letters that Michael's sells and painted them with acrylic paint that you can find in 1,000 colors in those little bottles.  Last, I had bought some of those paper doilies a while back at World Market.  The letters didn't seem to pop enough off the colorful paper so I glued the doilies to the paper, centered the letters and glued those down to the doilies.  I just used plain old Elmer's glue, and it seemed to do the trick.  Here is the finished project all hung.  I like the way the doilies gave them kinda of a vintage look.  





I was thinking these would be a really cute addition to a baby or kids room. Hope you find some inspiration for your own canvas covering project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels